Pages

Monday, July 31, 2023

June 2023 - Time with my Quilting Machine, Knitting, Sewing

 Quilted a few donation quilts this month. I usually take a picture just as I finish them so I can count that step done.  


Points & Peaks is a pattern from Kaye England.  I like her directions she is very concise. I also like to watch her You Tube Videos as she is so entertaining. I made this 60 by 60"


Free-form Stars Blue 54 by 63"


Free-Form Stars Red 54 by 63"
I made both star quilts above from a set of blocks that I had made in 2018/2019.
And I used gifted fabric from a friend on the back.



 Fifty Four Forty or Fight 2  -  64 by 68"
Sewed the blocks together last year and added the borders to enlarge it. 


The backing is a flannel print I got at Joanns a couple of years back. 


Potato Chip Quilt Brown - 46 by 56"


Dresden Chain 2 - 54 by 66"
The backing is pieced from a variety of pink fabrics.


Ready for Bindings - I will cut them at 2.5" wide and sew them by machine, otherwise it could be another year before they are finished.


I have sewed the Radient Star Blocks together.
I have a top that is 60 by 72" and I like how the colors look too.
Haven't decided on a backing fabric yet.

Knitting

Over the past three months I have finished three stockings.  I took a little break and started the fourth.

Having a little difficulty with the top and how I want it to look so have quite a bit of ripping out and redoing - A bit like sewing at times,  Need to get back into it.  Funny but I haven't figured out ho  to read and knit at the same time.

 

Back sides


No comments: