Pages

Friday, July 21, 2023

Winter - Early 2023

 I finished sewing the Logs and Bricks quilt top that I started in June of 2022. The blocks are 10".  I made 80 blocks and then designed a little border that extended 3" each direction.  So the top is 86 by 106" which  seems like an odd size to me but it will be okay for a queen size mattress.


I couldn't get the entire top in a photo  but I tried to get the edges where I added the border.
Will have to look for fabric for the backing as I don't think I have any 6 yard pieces left.

In early 2019,  I decided to sort out all the green fabrics and give away of the ones I didn't like etc.
 I had lots of odds and ends left and decided to make a green quilt.  I found and easy pattern on the Quilter's Cache website called the Dandy Quilt.
I made a block from each fabric. Then a few more to make 56 blocks.
In January, I sewed them together and the top is 84 by 96".
i made an attempt to sort them out before I set them out on the carpet to sew together but never could get them the way I liked them.  In the end I just picked them all up sorted them into lighter and darker and randomly sewed them into rows. I actually like it better than the effect I was trying to achieve.


Now I still need to find a back for this one also. 

Janet and I in 2016

My older sister, Janet, passed away on the 18th of January.  She has been in a care home for several years following medical issues.  She had been failing some time but we were unprepared for her passing.
She was my first playmate, my hero and my room mate for the first 19 years of my life. We shared so many wonderful times together and although I will miss her, I know she has gained her angel wings and is resting peacefully now.

No comments: