Pages

Friday, July 28, 2023

May 2023 - Sewing, Quilting and Family Life



My Holly and Berries quilt is back from the quilter - now for the trimming and finding fabric for the binding. I'm very pleased with the quilting.

I quilted this donation quilt. Again it needs trimming and binding too.


I had a drawer completely full of 2.5" strips of varying lengths.  I sorted through them and cut all that were long enough into 16" segments. I made the bargello one first. # 521 Scrappy Bargello 48 x 66


I had so many segments leftover that I started this one too. 


I finished the top and it is ready for quilting now.
#522 Scrappy Trips 48 x60


Had a fun trip to the beach with this little guy.  The pool and ocean were much too cool for swimming but we had lots to do each day.

 

He loves to go to this playground and I can see why. This was super nice.  If you are in Emerald Isle, NC.  It's named the Jean Preston Memorial Playground (she was a State Senator from Emerald Isle who died from an accident in 2013).  It's adjacent to a public boating access and there is also a board walk that goes out  onto the sound.

Mother's Day Weekend


The girls and I enjoyed a night out at a paint party on Friday Night.

Sunday afternoon was Girl Fun and Games at Shelly's.

1 comment:

spope said...

Well that will teach me to wait a month to see if you have posted. On a Whim I opened your blog. WoW. Love all the different quilts esp the green one and
the logs and bricks. would like that pattern as I have as you know enough fabric for many quilts. You are my hero.
s