Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Quilting Started


I made this Indian Orange Peel top in Nov/Dec 2009. It's a Karen Stone Pattern given to me by Debbie Martelli in 1995 when we lived in New London, NC. When I came upon it while going through some things, I thought I'd better go ahead and tackle it before I get too much older.
I had never even opened it to read the directions as the picture looked complicated -which for me is strange as I usually like a challenge. The pattern is well done and was actually easier to put together than I thought it would be. The worst part was cutting out all the patterns for paper piecing -144.
I layered it back in May and since the it has been in my "quilts in waiting" area. This evening I spent some time taking out some of the quilting as the bobbin tension wasn't satisfactory after the second bobbin. Two hours quilting - Two hours unsewing!

No comments: