Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Leaf Blocks, Blue Blocks & Banner

 
 Today I finished appliqueing and sewing all the blocks that I had cut for this quilt.  The next step is to make the sashing and sew all the center blocks together.  This is not how they will be arranged, I just wanted to see them together.

Yesterday while Sally, Connie and I were sewing at Whistle Stop, Sally helped me pick out fabrics for the sashing and borders.  Connie W. (shop owner) had put a 20% off coupon in the Capital Quilter's Newsletter so that was very nice. 









                                                                                    
I need to make a couple of baby quilts for boys. 
several more blue prints have been cut into blocks.
I used all the yellow, cream and very light green solids that I had on hand for the sashing.  Maybe I'll take them with me tomorrow when our Undercover Bee meets.

The Bee is collectively making a Capital T block quilt in fall colors.  We will be making the blocks tomorrow.  The completed quilt will be given to the empoyees of the Architect's Firm where we meet.  Their charity of choice is Ronald McDonald House in Chapel Hill and they will use it to raise funds. 

We are having an all day bee so I am  going to make a Fresh Apple Salad to take for lunch.


Lastly, today I made this banner for a little boy who is being baptized on Palm Sunday morning.  He is two years old. 
Our church presents each child with a prayer shawl/blanket and a banner at their baptism.  I like making the banners - this is the first time I've used the hearts and leaves design.

Rain predicted for the weekend - yea!











No comments: