Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quilt for Safe Child


A very simple quilt with all the pieces cut the same size to make an 8" block. With borders it measures 54" square. I used the left over blocks to enlarge the backing fabric. Yesterday, I washed and dryed it and I will donate it to SafeChild at our guild meeting this month.
I started the blocks for this quilt Saturday and finished the top today.  It is 49" square.  The blocks are a 5" square bordered on 2 sides with  sets of 1 and 1/2" strips. The fabric is a fat quarter packet(Cheep Talk) that I ordered from Connecting Threads just before Christmas. Very reasonable but the fabric seems to have lower thread count than what you get at quilt shops. I made a backing from a flannel kids print and binding for it. It will go to Quilts for Kids at Guild when finished.






 
I also made a backing  from a light blue flannel with a base ball print and binding for the Plaid Veterans Quilt top that I made last month.
And after 41/2 hours Tuesday, and 5 more hours Wednesday I finished quilting PinkEye. Sewed on the binding this morning first thing.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance to get a picture of the entire quilt. Stay tuned.


No comments: