Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Gettin' In Some Quilting Time

I started quilting this quilt last week before we went on our road trip.  When we got home from our July Forth GetTogether/Party at the lake, I was anxious to finish it up.  The borders surprised me - It took most of the day yesterday to finish them. 

This is a pattern Connie and I saw on a blog last year.  I drew up a pattern that we call Arrow Star.  My blocks were made on a 2.5" grid.The blocks are 14.5".(Connie used the 2" grid for hers.)  With borders mine is about 68 x 84".  I finished piecing it September.


 I used a very simple meandering with stars for the quilting.  I had purchased some Aurifil thread a while back and I loved quilting with it.  There was very little lint compared to other threads.

No comments: