Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wilmington Road Trip


Connie, Cathy, Sally & Pat
















Saturday we got up early and went down to Wilmington to the Quilters by the Sea 29th Annual Quilt Show.  They had a great very nice show.  We're standing in front of the Best of Show Winners.
They had a nice variety of vendors  - good shopping - and I bought myself a couple of birthday gifts to me.  

We had lunch at McAllisters across from the UNC-W Campus and visited a couple of Quilt Shops on our way out of town.


My viewers choice - 2 awards


















Beautiful Applique & Hand Quilting - 4 Awards\

















I got home just in time (well to be truthful - an hour late, as I misread the time on my daughter's text) to go out to dinner with Kathy & Jesse, Daniel & Emily and Marcia (John too) at The Flying Biscuit in Raleigh and Goodberrys after.

We met our new Pastor this morning, Rev. Trip Lowery. He and his family will be a very welcome addition to our church family. 

This afternoon, for my birthday, Shelly, Hannah and I went to cirque de soeil, Allegria, at the RBC Center.  It was wonderful - the costumes for this show were not as elaborate but the acts were amazing. 

Tomorrow - I hope to put the binding on the Arrow Star quilt.

No comments: