Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Two Quilts Finished ------- Fractured and Arrow Star

Started quilting this last week after we got home from the lake. I used an all over spiral design. The quilt is large so I wanted something that went pretty fast.
The backing is a green and brown flannel print.  I was worried about using a flannel backing on such a large quilt knowing the way flannel stretches.  I did have one bad tuck just as I was finishing the last corner.  It took me a  while to rip it out. I used a striped binding.  It is 91 x 104"  Hope to get a picture of the whole quilt soon. 



 I also put the binding on the Arrow Star Quilt.  I  used a red on red stripe for it.

Two quilts remain in my quilts-in-waiting pile - one a wall hanging and the other a large Dresden plate.  I bought some white Aurifil thread especially for the Dresden Plate Saturday while in Wilmington. Now I have to get up my nerve and just do it.

No comments: