Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Beautiful Fall Day

The view from my kitchen window - 4PM

Sunday afternoon

Yellow Angel's Trumpet - Brugmansia
The colors are gradually turning in our area.  The weather has been cooler especially in the evening after the sun goes down.  I think the weatherman is calling for 50's during the day this coming  weekend.  We are having guests at the lake Saturday.  I'll plan for an indoor day!

I was tempted to buy some of the beautiful mums I saw today but I was feeling in a thrifty mood.

Carole's Patriotic Quilt
We had about 15 at our Undercover Bee Meeting on Saturday.  We had 23 patriotic quilts turned in and we should get several more before we deliver them to the Veteran's Hospital in Durham in early November.  Pat J. who organizes the veteran's quilts made 10.  She is also collecting some from another group.  Hope my car is big enough to hold them all.
 I love that Carole added  yellow to her quilt it makes it so cheerful.  Hope to remember to try that.

Thursday Connie, Cathy and Sally are coming to sew.  I bought the Charlie Brown pattern a couple of years ago.  I think I have enough large and small nine patches made but now I need to work on the sashing.

No comments: