Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Everyday Sights


I pass by this old silo or grain bin every time I go to town.  I just love how a tree has grown up in the middle and is now visible through the top.  I must have gone by it hundreds of times before I noticed the tree.  Can't wait to see how it looks in it's fall coat.



The tree is barely noticeable from the other direction (on the way home)There used to be an old out building just beyond the silo.  I love all the different shades of rust on it.


Batik on left - Silk on right

 NY Beauty Blocks on left -  Hand Painted on right

Today, in between Woman's Club District Meeting, decorating at church for Homecoming tomorrow and regular chores, I finished sewing these journal covers. They were almost done - I just had to top stitch around the edges.  My favorite is on the bottom right.  I painted the fabric, then quilted it and over painted with more color. 

Tomorrow is a big day for our church -our speaker is Bishop Al Guinn. It is the first time we have had a sitting Bishop for our speaker. We are having a pot luck after church and then later in the afternoon we will have a 5K run benefiting our Missions and Outreach ministries.

Enjoy your day!

No comments: