Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Little Break

We went up to the lake for a couple of days.  The weather was gorgeous, a little cooler, and we were able to do a few outside chores. I washed the walls of the porches and the windows.

John mowed and seeded the lawn, then painted one of the windows outside.  It was in a area that required setting up a makeshift scaffolding with a ladder on it.  SCARY as far as I was concerned!  And I was just  the spotter and hander-upper of tools, paint, etc.

John never ceases to amaze me. For a 77 year old that's been through all the things he has - well - all I can say is he has true grit and an angel sitting on his shoulder. God has been extremely good to both of us.


Today when I went to the grocery they had fresh rhubarb.  So I hurried home and made my favorite, a Rhubarb Cream Pie.  Oh yes, it was yummy.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: