Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Progress on Coping


This morning after my surprise guests left, I sewed 16 of my blocks into four larger units.  I also made 3 border blocks.  I think the pattern calls for 56 border units.


These four block units measure 17 1/2 inches each.  I only need nine of these units for the center of the quilt.

****************************************************************
My Surprise New Year Guests

I finished Book I of The Secret History by Donna Tartt last night just before  midnight.  I decided not to stay up for the Times Square Ball Drop and went to bed.  The phone woke me up about 1:15 - All I could think was OH NO - NOW WHAT!
 It was John's brother Al - who lives just a couple of miles from me.  He and his wife had been to a party and were locked out of their house.  So they came over and spent the night with me.  An impromptu pajama party  - old folks style. 
 Kind of nice once I got over the scary late night call.
Happy New Year to All.

No comments: