Pages

Friday, December 1, 2017

45 Minutes to Sew and The Cookie Walk





We Have been planning and preparing for our Cookie Sale for many months and today is the day.  So I gave myself 45 minutes to sew this morning to sew before getting on with other things.



I took out the corner that was sewed in backwards and resewed it.  I am making my borders in 8 sections. I will join them and add a solid red inner border before sewing them to the quilt center.  
I also have to figure out how I will treat the corners.


I have seven half border sections sewn - but 
OH SNAP - I have five rights and two lefts - looks like I really have only six sections.
Will I unsew one of them  - NOT A CHANCE!
I think it will be much easier to make more half square triangles!!!!

I'll need more than 45 minutes tomorrow.


COOOKIE WALK TONIGHT!


The men set up the nativity shelters and we will have a live nativity this evening as soon as it gets dark.  I've been told we will even have a 2 month old baby participating.



 Talented gals have been decorating the fellowship hall - grab a box and pick your choice of cookies



Take a family photo in our Photo Corner!



Ready for the cookies and candies.


This is where I'll be tonight  - working at the Hot Chocolate Bar with my friends at
Wendell United Methodist Church
Main Street
Wendell, North Carolina
Come on by and see us if you're in the area.

1 comment:

spope said...

Love the idea for the family photo center. I can't wait to see your DELwith the borders. Did not realize how many ways it could look. Was too tired when I finished blocks and borders to try and did not have room to lay it out except on the bed!!!
Hope i can finish the binding this year!
Bonnie showed three ways to do flying geese but I am going to do the big square and little squares to get 4 at a time. will check after one to see if size works out.
Have fun tonight. Your church is so active.
Sorry had to rush yesterday.
See you next thur. S