Pages

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Finally - A Finished Top






Monday, while these guys were busy digging up my back yard, I sewed.




The borders all ready to sew on - just need to make the corner units.


Then I added the borders to the quilt top in the evening after dinner. 
Oh I do NOT like those corners!

Maybe this would be better.


I drew some ideas in my notebook and I was still pondering it when I went to bed.
I couldn't sleep anyway so I got up at 1:45 and sewed the unit above.


This morning at Sit and Sew - I took out the corner units.
When I got home from doing some errands I sewed thee new ones in.

 I had just vacuumed so I didn't want to open it up fully and I really don't have room for the 90 by 90" that it grew to be. Now I need to choose a backing and binding for it.
And of course - I have so many other projects that I want to sew on.

I am holding off on the Bonnie Hunter Mystery this year  - I love her mysteries but not sure if I want to commit to it until I see the whole pattern.
 This block "Dawn's Early Light " is one of her patterns shown in Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Vol. 13.



No comments: