Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Blue Churn Dash Finished





The workmen are off until after Christmas - so things were considerately quieter today.
They did a lot cleaning up while they were waiting on the inspectors to come out yesterday.
I appreciate that the contractor doesn't waste a lot of lumber.  The weather was so nice these past few days - they got a lot done.  Looking forward to spending time out here next summer.


This morning while I was doing laundry I finished sewing on the borders.
It is 88 by 88".  I think I will have enough of the blue  of inner border to use for the binding.
And I will use one of the blue backings that I bought for Daniel and Ben's quilt, 

  
Love my flocked tree - during the daytime hours.  The star topper that we have used on the tree for over fifty years (John picked it out) - wouldn't light this year ( we didn't test it before we put it on - it always amazed me that it lasted so many years).  Marcia and Jim have it at their house - they have rewired it and will bring it back on Christmas Day.  


John and Gordon Christmas 1961.  
I love to think that they are together celebrating their fourth Christmas in Heaven.
Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures ......hope all family members are enjoying their time together in Heaven...