Pages

Friday, December 29, 2017

Christmas Sewing - 600 Nine Patches Needed!





The idea - I can use up lots of the orphan nine patches that have been amassing over the years with this block.


I like it better this way.


Four blocks  - even better.


A large bin of nine patches already made!


Only problem - many of them need to be repressed to sew together  - so each day I sort out, spritz with a little water and re - press a few.  I also have to make more nine patches as I didn't have 600!



I decided to go with  only red half square triangles. 
 All these blue quilts I've just finished has me in need of RED.


The blocks are so easy to make one all the components are ready.


And I love the effect when four are set together.
Going to try for a 90 x 90" top as a 72 x 90 seems skimpy to me.
Hurrah lots of red sewing ahead.

********************************


Ben sent me this family photo he took while we were in the mountains in November.


Very cold weather for us this December - so I'm just going to enjoy my tree for awhile longer while I have a second cup of coffee and wait for John's brother and his wife to arrive
 from Connecticut.  They are headed to Pawley's Island for a few months.

For 2018, 
I wish you the enjoyment of friends and family, good health and lots of productive sewing.
Happy New Year!




No comments: