Pages

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Ideas Churning Around



When I started this quilt in Feb. 2016, it was just to make a blue and white quilt.
My idea of how it was going to be finished changed a couple of times.  My original plan was to merge the two block sizes within the body of the quilt.  A few months ago, I decided to enlarge the quilt and use the larger blocks in the center and use the smaller blocks in the border.
MY PLAN
Make more blocks so that the center would measure 75 by 75"
Add a 2.5" accent border around the center
Make enough smaller blocks to fit the now 80 by 80" center.
THE PROBLEM
I think the 2.5" border looks too heavy. 


This is a 2" border - looks better


Light border - UGH!

 Thought about using a smaller blue and a light together to make the 2.5 " border which is not too bad.


This is how the 2.5" border looks



I think this will be my solution so that I can use the smaller width border and my smaller blocks will fit without adding any spacer pieces.



I finished sewing the center together this afternoon.  


A couple of friends and myself took our intern out to lunch after church today.
   Our congregation members take turns feeding our intern Sunday Lunch.  That gives him/her a way to become accquainted with us and us him.  He meets with our pastor in the afternoon and then participates in the children's and youth  activities before he returns to Durham.
We went to Chiles and had fajitas - so I will not be needing anything much to eat this evening.




Bee Party yesterday - lots of food, fun and fellowship.


And friendly hugs and a gift exchange.





No comments: