Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Archives-Quilt # 100 - Something Wild in My Flower Garden

Something Wild in My Flower Garden

This is a quilt I finished in October 1999.  The center is based on an old pattern called Rattlesnake, hence the name.  I made my own patterns and paper pieced the football shapes.  I found the border pattern in a book by Ginny Beyer that I borrowed from our guild library. 
It is 75 x 90" and is machine quilted.  It won a blue ribbon and a special award ribbon for use of color at the 2000 Capitol Quilters Guild Show.  It also won a white ribbon and a Golden Needle Award at the 2000 NC State Fair.
I just recently took a couple of pictures of it outside. 
detail of Quilt #100

I like to put red quilts on the beds for Christmas and I always use this one as one of my choices. 

I have been sewing -
 Saturday I remembered that I had decided to try the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt this year (I loved seeing the Roll, Roll Cotton Bowl from last year-I have to confess I didn't know why so many were making it at the same time at first).  Well, now I'm trying to catch up. 
 I have some of both steps started so hopefully I'll be up to speed when the next step is published.  Lots and lots of sewing to be done before Friday!
 Not sure how the process works - guess one just shows progress posts on Monday???? - Back to sewing and then catch up on reading for Disciple Class tomorrow evening.


No comments: