I'm not sure when I sewed the center of this quilt top together but sometime last fall. At that time, I couldn't decide what kind of border I wanted to put on it, pieced, applique or printed fabric. So I folded it up and put it aside for awhile.
I uncovered it again while I was tidying up in the sewing room. I have been in the mood to finish things so I used a print that I had on hand for the outer border. I dug around and found an avocado green Kona solid for an inner border. I only had 2 yards of the floral fabric so I used different portions for the sides and top and bottom borders. The top measures 75 x 90".
I hope I can find more of the same green for the binding. I had just a half yard and a fat quarter to start with. I thought I might like a one inch inner border so cut 1.5" strips. They looked too wide so I cut more strips at one inch rather than try to cut the bigger ones down. I figured they wouldn't be straight if I did that. They probably won't look super straight anyways with all the nine patches along the edges.
This is about one fourth of the quilt.
Here is a closer view of the border fabric. It is a Tulleries from Benartex. I made a backing from six different cream and red prints that were on the shelf so it can go in the ready to layer stack.
John and I went to Chapel Hill for lunch after his appointment Tuesday. I stopped by Thimble Pleasures and the were out of the avocado Kona but have reordered it. Yea!