Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

More Quilting

I can't believe that I used a full spool of the white Aurifil 50/2 thread before I even started the borders. Thanks to Sally and Connie for picking up more in Goldsboro for me.  All the stops and starts in addition to the size of the quilt I guess.


I have finished the quilting and put on a pink binding.  One side is hand sewn  - I had planned to have it finished by today but I hate to sew bindings!

 
Friday I made backings and bindings for the 6 finished quilt tops I had on hand.  Saturday I layered the four smaller ones here at home.  I'll take the two larger ones to church one day and use the big tables for them.


Today I quilted these two small quilts that will be donated at Raleigh Quilters Guild for Wheelchair quilts.  They were made from blocks I received in block exchange in 1996. I was a member of the Three Rivers Quilt Guild in Albemarle NC.  I finished the binding by machine on these.  I loved looking at the blocks and remembering the gals who made them. 


This is the window in Pauline's house block.  Notice the little lace curtains at the side.


Donna's window has a pleated lace curtain.  I hope someone will notice these little details when they receive these quilts and be amused.  My window has a sewing machine showing.

**********************************************
I stopped by the Food Lion after Bible Study to pick up some bananas for John.  I came home with a large package of ground beef so I decided to cook for my freezer.  I made 4 quarts of enchilada sauce, a small meatloaf, 40 large meatballs to use with spaghetti and 40 small meatballs for Swedish meatballs. I love having some starters for dinner in the freezer.  Sounds like I'll need to call the family to help us eat all this.
 No, we didn't have ground beef for dinner.  I also bought a pot roast  - it was good and leftovers for another day. Yeah!

No comments: