Friday, February 10, 2012

Dresden Plate Version 2


This is as far as I got on this top Wednesday evening.  It is approximately 60 by 78 at this point.  I took it to Sally's yesterday and we tried out some of her extensive collection of Kaffe Fassett prints as potential borders. 

As we were in Raleigh this morning, I stopped at Wish Upon A Quilt to check out their Kaffe inventory.  Nothing that said "buy me!" but then an Amy Butler with the right colors caught my eye.  I also found a good choice for the backing.  So after lunch we came back home and I was able to get the borders on and the backing and binding made.


Although the picture doesn't show it the background is a great match with the center of the inner border. The top ended up being 74 x 88" and I"m satisfied with that size.  Now I need to trim the background fabric from behind the applique and it will be ready to layer and quilt.


I love those little white dots that mimic the dots in the background of the quilt center.


The background/binding  fabric and the backing fabric.

Looking back, I see that I started this quilt in February last year.  I found a tutorial for making this block at Luriline's Place blog found at  http://lurlineg.blogspot.com/

Thanks to Carole for treating me to an evening of culture.  We went to the Symphony.  Guest conductor, Christian Knapp and the cello soloist were outstanding!

No comments: