Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Busy Week - A Little Sewing



Monday being the last day of the month, was Table of Grace at our church. We serve a meal open to the community at no charge. My friend, Margie and I shop for groceries in the morning, have a slice of pizza at Sam's and meet back at church with Ella, Janice and Mary Jean at 1PM. We cook and are ready to serve the meal at 6. We had Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, broccoli and carrots, rolls, chocolate cake (donated by Sally)and ice cream. Other members come in and help with serving and clean up. We have music and a short message from our pastor. I love TOG day!

I left early to enjoy my birthday gift from Carole. (Thanks Again, Carole!) She took me to see Lang Lang at the NC symphony. We had seen Lang Lang's performance at Meymandi Concert Hall back in 2003 when he was just 20. Both were outstanding and he got the longest standing ovation I have witnessed there. (Unless you count when my grand kids, Shane & Hannah graduated from Raleigh Charter HS - just kidding of course)

Tues.& Wed. dedicated to medical stuff (John's tests) and fabric cutting.

Thurs. Connie H. called and we went to Wish Upon A Quilt - She was for Cat in the Hat and I got 3 more Kaffe Fassett fat quarters to go in the Dresden Plate I started this week and looked for a backgound to use with it. Since I don't have a huge amount of Kaffe Fassett fabrics, I added a bunch of other fabrics I already had. Sew I will see how it goes.

Today was TV shopping - John has been contemplating,comparing and checking for a few months- Panasonic Viera won out!

No comments: