Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmastime Quilt Parties

Thursday evening was our annual guild party.  Everyone brings food and there are lots of door prizes!
 In September guild members can buy kits for Holiday Blocks, which have been assembled by various bees or groups, for $1. each.  Designs varied from red work, Christmas themes, applique etc.  In December you bring back the completed block and drawings are held for the various block sets.  I won the set of Kaleidoscope Blocks (32) and with it three pieces of fabric, 2 batiks and one marble, totaling almost five yards.  Yea!
Holiday Blocks - Capital Quilters Guild
Last year our Christmas Party was cancelled due to bad weather so we had the Holiday Block drawing in January.  I won a set of 12 small blocks that year.  My friend Sharon also won a set of the same blocks.  I gave her the ones I received so hopefully she will have enough to make a wall hanging.

Friday afternoon, I went to Whistle Stop's 10 year anniversary party.  They had a showing of wall hangings made by customers,  all using the same mystery pattern.  Here is Sally with her version.



Saturday morning was our Undercover Bee Party.  We have a brunch, voluntary block exchange and a dirty Santa gift exchange which is always lots of fun.  I think we had more stealing than usual - great gifts.  I ended up with a large plastic box, like the one I am using to corral my Bonnie Hunter Mystery units, that has removable thread holders too.


This evening is our Cantata and Church Christmas Party.

Tomorrow is Table of Grace at church so I will be busy all day shopping and cooking.  Maybe I'll have a little time in between to work on Step 5 of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt.

Happy Sunday!



No comments: