Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Baptism Banners

I finished these two banners that will be used in the baptisms of two sweet little sisters next week.
One has the first name of my mother and the other has the first name of one of my great grandmothers on my mother's side of the family.  They are actually the same color but I couldn't figure out how to make them appear that way in these pictures.


Last night was our guild meeting and our annual yard sale or swap meet or whatever.  Everyone brings items that they no longer want. They are laid out on tables with bid sheets.  You can bid in increments of .25 and everyone has at it.  When the time is called you go and gather up what you won and pay for it. The proceeds usually go to the guild library or to charity quilts for supplies. 
I won some used magazines, a copy of Electric Quilt 5, a 15.5"omnigrid ruler, and about 11 yards of various pinks to magenta fabrics. 


I was thinking it would be a good idea to keep the new fabric that I purchased this year out to remind me to restrain myself and use what I already have.  I don't think my plan is working!  The pinks that I got last night are on the left.

1 comment: