Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Batik Leaves Finished


I finished quilting this batik leaves quilt.  I used leaves in the sashing and inner borders and a feathers on the top and bottom borders.


It finishes out at 62 x 72". The binding is the same fabric as the border and the backing a medium green with purple spots.

Thursday I sewed with Connie and Sally at Cathy's house.  She treated us to a great Chili lunch and cheesecake.  I finished about 12 more scrappy trip blocks.  Then Saturday we had Undercover Bee with pot luck lunch.  Lots of inspiring show and tell. More scrappy trip blocks finished.  I have 40 done.  Halfway point.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 Sunday John and I went to see Emily get an art award at Barton College in Wilson.  She won a gold key award for a computer generated piece.  She won one last year also for a computer piece.
There were some great batik pieces at the show after the award ceremony.  A couple of pictures follow.



No comments: