Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday Sewing,Sauerkraut and Sorting Books

This morning I finished quilting the leaf motifs in the center of this quilt and then stitched around the borders with the walking foot.  I haven't decided what to do with all those narrow borders and sashing but I don't think it will be straight lines as suggested by the pattern picture.  It looks good but I just don't think I can handle that many straight lines. But that's a decision for another day.

Tom and Sharon, members of our Sunday School Class who hail from Pittsburgh, PA, host a New Years lunch each year at their home.  Bratwurst, Braised pork, Sauerkraut, and Mashed potatoes.  That was their traditional New Years Day meal so they recreate it for us.  Nothing fancy - just a hearty meal.  And we had a simple pound cake and coffee after.  There were 28 of us there today.  Wish I had remembered to take my camera or phone in. It is amazing how they manage to fit us all at tables in their family room.  Fun!

Later, I went by the Woman's Club to help sort the books that had been donated for The Literacy Project.  I think we had about 200 books and as many magazines. The Wendell Chamber of Commerce along with the Woman's Club has held an art exhibit at the Woman's Club for the past 3 years.  We had the doors open for visitors to the exhibit this weekend so it was a convenient time to go through the books. Most will be donated to the  local senior center or assisted living homes.

When I got back home, I had time to sew 4 more scrappy trip blocks.  I have 20 done and about 20 more cut out.  Oops! Looks like I need to workon arrranging.
.
                ***************************************************





Tomorrow is our 52nd wedding anniversary! The family is coming over for an impromptu family get together in the evening.  My favorite kind of party  - no planning - just go with the flow.  

No comments: