Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6th - Old Christmas!



I took some time this afternoon to cut some blue and tan blocks for a Veteran's Quilt Kit.  It will be nice to have something ready to sew on at Bee meetings, etc.

It is a real simple star design with sashing that I can add as I make the blocks.  I cut enough for 20 blocks that finish at 12" with sashing.  It will make a quilt that is 51" X 63''.
.

My little hill of shirt fabrics is growing.  John's sister brought me 14 shirts last week.  I have most of them laundered and cut.  She was in Pittsburgh so finding orange shirts was relatively easy!

Got in just a little more sewing on my version of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt.  I am a little over half way done and I have another row sewn and ready to be pressed.

                                ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Christmas is put away  at our house for the most part. John took out the tree today. When I was a child, my family usually took our tree down on Old Christmas!  Of course we didn't put our tree up until the week before Christmas.  January 6 was John's Mom's birthday so we always had a reason to celebrate on Old Christmas while she was living. 

I have been sorting and filing 3 years worth of documents. I usually do this dreaded chore along with the other dreaded chore (TAXES)  each year but I have been pretty slack the past two years.  Time to bite the bullet!  I just have 6 months more to go. Yea!

It has been something to occupy our minds as we have been waiting to hear the results of John's biopsy last week. Looks like we will have to wait a little longer.  Hopefully no news is good news.

No comments: