Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spider Web Finished

I finished the binding and threw it in the washer and dryer. All the excess dye washed away and the back looks good.  Yea!  It now measures 52 x 64".


I cut about a hundred strips and started this Scrappy Trip Around the World.  I know I will have to cut many, many more strips. I made 16 blocks and I like that they can be arranged in log cabin designs. 

  This afternoon I started quilting this quilt that I made in May 2011. I got 4 blocks done.  I am starting out by following the quilting ideas shown in the pattern.  There are lots of straight lines in the sashing and borders so we'll see how it goes.  I'm using a variegated purple/green thread that I had on hand.

Probably all the time I'll have for sewing for a couple of days.  Tomorrow I am hostess for Woman's Club.  So I will be providing the lunch and setting up for the meeting.  I'm going to make Connie's Baked Spaghetti, Strawberry Spinach Salad, Rosemary Foccacia and Lemon Bars.  Then I take Em to the Orthodontist and Disciple Class in the evening.  Thursday is my day to work at Food Pantry, a visit with an old friend and then Capitol Quilters Guild in the evening.

 

No comments: