Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Mystery Quilt Progress - Step 8 - The Finish!

I got up fairly early yesterday so I could check out the reveal of the Orca Bay Mystery quilt at http://quiltville.blogspot.com/ .  I really love the design and managed to sew part of a row before I went to Chapel Hill with Connie, Sally and Cathy.  I used lots of spray starch to tame all the seams.

We had a great time shopping at the annual sale (I only bought 7yds.) at Thimble Pleasures and then ate a late lunch at the Weathervane over at Southern Seasons. ( Butternut Squash Soup and Chicken Salad  - It was a real treat.)

This morning I sewed a few more blocks and this was the result as I stuck them up on the wall.  Something looked a little off  - I have already sewn two black units wrong. RATS! Time for the seam ripper.  I thought about waiting to do it later but TA DA!
I got a little confused for awhile as I started making rows looking at the actual quilt - then as I looked at the diagram it took me awhile to realize she had her photo bottom side up.  Now I see!
 Even though it is on the wall crooked and I don't show the whole strip, I do have one double row finished.  I left my little year round sewing tree in the picture as it matches with the top being a little curved in the other direction.

No more sewing tonight - I plan to undecorate the big tree.  John took down the outside decorations while I was off gadding yesterday. 

1 comment:

Sarah Martin said...

Great progress! And it's just gorgeous!! Love your little sewing tree too : )