Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Safe Child Quilts - Heartstrings



 
I had made lots of these simple  6" blocks a couple of years ago.  I got them out, divided them and made these four quilt tops.   


Lots of cute kid prints.

This afternoon I made eight quilt backings from flannel.  I had to add a strip to the width of each piece of fabric as the flannel was only about 41 inches after cutting off the selvage.  I bought the flannel at a great price when Joann's was having a sale so I have no real complaints.

I also finished my Heartstrings top.   The pattern doesn't call for sashing but I needed to incorporate some black so that the border fabric I had bought would work.  I just took a corner picture from the sofa before packing it in my bag.  It is about  63 x 69 inches.  Now I have something new for show and tell at S's house tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing how S and C are going to finish theirs.
 


No comments: