Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Archive Quilt # 144 - Delectable Strippy


As I was changing beds at the lake the other day I took some of the quilts outside to take pictures of them.  In some ways this is my very favorite quilt.  I love the colors and the pattern and the overall look of it.  I don't like that I used clear Sulky thread to quilt it but then that was my comfort zone back in 2002 when I finished it.  It is 80 x 90" and I quilted it on my Bernina 1130.


I saw a quilt in an ad in a quilting magazine when John was in the hospital for all those long months in 2000.  I would visit the quilt shop near the hospital as therapy in spare moments and look for fabrics for it.  I also drafted the pattern while sitting at the hospital. When John finally came home, I was ready to sew.  I thought it would be pretty fast to make since half of the quilt was strips.  I was wrong.  According to the label on the back, I was going to name it "Not So Quickie Strippy".  Glad I labeled it or I would have completely forgotten that. 

I used to be really diligent about labeling my quilts.  I made all my labels on the computer using a Print Artist Gold program and fabric treated with Bubble Jet Set ironed to freezer paper.

A couple of years ago I read an article about how much more meaningful it is to make labels in your own hand especially for those given as gifts.  But lately I have not labeled at all or have waited until the last minute before I give them.
 
I wonder if other quilters have this problem too.

 


I

No comments: