Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Frienship Star Quilted


The quilting is finished on this Friendship Star Veteran's quilt.  It is 51 x 63".



I had several yards of various plaids up at the lake, leftovers from curtains and bed skirts in one bedroom. They are all combinations of reds, whites and blues so I will use them for backings on my Veteran's quilts this year.  The red binding was some that I had made for another project and then chose something else.  Today I washed both Veteran's quilts so they are ready for giving. 

We had a great time at Connie's for our sewing time on Thursday.  I got out my H Blocks to take with me.  They are so easy and fun to make.  I have almost enough to make a bed size quilt for my nephew and family.  I need about 12 more.  It was a warm day so we had lunch on the deck and took a garden tour of Connie's backyard.  We also got to peep at her stash. Awesome!

I have my Pink Spiderweb quilted and binding sewed on so hopefully I will get it sewed down this weekend. Today I started working on quilting the String Squares.

No comments: